in Heath, Texas
Hummingbird Dental is proud to offer exceptional pediatric dentistry services for infants, toddlers, preteens, teens, and adolescents. We are committed to providing the young patients in our care with a positive and relaxed experience. We strive to help your child establish and maintain oral hygiene habits for long-term healthy smiles.
The Importance of baby teeth
Maintaining your child's oral health provides benefits into adulthood. Baby teeth hold the needed space for the permanent teeth developing behind the scenes. They also play a role in speech development, the healthy development of the jaws and muscles, and allow your child to bite and chew with ease. Premature loss of primary teeth is detrimental to your child's oral health. The adjacent teeth may shift into the gaps, resulting in crooked permanent teeth or a crowded mouth that will require orthodontic intervention down the road.
Your child's first time visit
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry recommends a dental visit by your child's first birthday and continuing to do so every six months. That will allow us to check for cavities and gum disease and monitor your child's development. We will also ensure your child maintains healthy oral care habits to help keep dental disease at bay.
Pediatric dentistry services
Following are some preventive and restorative dental treatments we offer to our young patients:
- Dental Exams and Cleanings: Preventive dental exams and cleanings have been shown to prevent gum disease, tooth decay, and halitosis (bad breath). During our routine exams, we search for signs of dental problems and treat any condition we find before it progresses.
- Dental Crowns: Dental crowns help repair damaged teeth, fully restoring their form and function. We are proud to offer quality restorations using the latest technology and techniques.
- Fluoride Treatment: Fluoride strengthens the tooth enamel, making it more resistant to tooth decay. Although fluoride is found in some toothpaste and drinking water, a higher concentration may be required for maximum protection.
- Dental Sealants: Sealants are clear coatings we paint onto the chewing surfaces of molars to seal off the grooves and crevices, which helps prevent tooth decay and cavities.
- Space Maintainers: Space maintainers help maintain the space left by missing teeth, which prevents the surrounding teeth from moving out of alignment.
Caring for your child's smile at home
Regular brushing and flossing help keep your child's smile clean and healthy. It's also important to consume a healthy diet, drink plenty of water, and limit sugary treats. Starting proper oral hygiene practices at home from a young age will translate into a lifetime of healthy smiles.
Quality pediatric dentistry near me
We, at Hummingbird Dental, are committed to offering the best pediatric dentistry services to our young patients. We look forward to helping your child maintain healthy teeth and happy smiles for a lifetime.
Call us at 469-415-2100 and schedule your appointment today!
Schedule Your Appointment
We make it convenient to plan your visit to Hummingbird Dental. Click the link to schedule your appointment through our Patient Portal that best fits your busy schedule. We can't wait to see you!